Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Shoparama

I discovered Oasis in Frankfurt today hidden in a corner of ubiquitous department store Kaufhof. It truly is an oasis of lovely lovely clothes in a fashion desert of scary browns and rabbit fur jackets. Not many ponchos though – well only the ones still being worn from last time around.

It was so calming and reassuring that the whole world isn’t wearing brown (and I’m not just talking about a nice chocolate brown here but really getting dangerously close to the poo end of the range) that I was forced to spend a lot of money, with hardly any encouragement by the lovely sales attendant who told me I looked great and everything fitted perfectly.

Luckily, when I got home I had an email from uni with excellent results for two of my subjects – Yippeee!! – so the whole expedition can be classified as a “reward”. Yay.

No comments: